I see a lot of fun to be had, though I had an odd ladder glitch in the first dungeon that stuck me in this up/down only route and I couldn't get off. Some thoughts/comments:
- Human models were horrifying but that's not too big of a deal
- Jump could use a bit more oomph but it works fine and it was great fun just jump slashing slimes.
- Ladders could be a lot faster. Like, 3 times as fast. And being able to look/jump off of ladders would be great.
- Context sensitive buttons for PC would work a lot better. E.G: E for talking and picking up items, AND opening doors. On that note, using keys from inventory seems unnecessary, I would just put a prompt when selecting E.
- Maps! That would be nice as well.
- Combat felt good, could use a minimap to see close enemies though. It is like King's Field where you just have to pay attention but it'd be nice.
- It gave me a King's Field x Zelda vibe which I liked.
That's about it from what I recall. I hope you develop this concept further in the future.